Sunday, July 26, 2009

Robert Fawcett!




I have been in awe of Robert Fawcett's drawing ability every since my friend (and teacher) David Hadlock showed his work to me in college. I was completely floored to find a tiny, almost hidden booth at Comic Con that was selling amazing original drawings and paintings by classic illustrators from Windsor Mckay to artists from the 1980's, maybe even more current, not sure. The gallery is called Illustration House, and is in NYC. Against practicality, I purchased this original illustration by the incredible Robert Fawcett! I will try to find out from Roger Reed (one of the owners, along with his father the famous drawer Walt Reed!) when this was made, and for what publication. It is gouache, and is about 15 x 20.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Movieboards said...

Hey Robin- I am jealous and amazed that you bought a Fawcett! I went to that same booth I think. I could have bought 10 pieces if I had the dough. Wallace Morgan, Henry Raleigh, Gruger, among others. I have not been to the Con in 10 years, but I think I'll start going again... there is no other place to see so much great illustration and comic art. It definitely recharged my batteries.

01 August, 2009 22:24  
Blogger Robin Richesson said...

Hi Josh! yes, I really can't believe that I bought it, but I just couldn't let it go! I have not been to comic con in about 10 or 12 years myself. I guess there were two different stalls that deal in original classic illustration there. I only saw one, but this guy I am working with saw the other. he is a fawcett fan as well. I finally got a job, I am working on Mr. Limpet. We'll see if goes, only been on a week or so, but this week we find out if we stay or go I think.

02 August, 2009 21:11  
Blogger tomnel said...

Nice Piece! Do you know Mike Vosburg? he's a big Fawcett fan and has some originals...

09 April, 2010 17:10  
Blogger Robin Richesson said...

I do not know Mike Vosburg. But I know a few other people who collect Fawcett. I didn't know until recently that you could buy his work any where. . .

09 April, 2010 20:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home