Saturday, July 29, 2006

Swing Piggy





Bands from the area seem to love to come up with eccentric names, but this was my favorite band name of the ones I saw. These guys were really good, and played lots of covers from all over the musical map, in addition to their own compositions. Each of them is in another band, and has material from those as well. Sadly, there really wasn't a Swing Piggy CD. I bought one of the guys' CD (Dave with the beret) and it is nice, but isn't the same vibe as they all have together. . .The bass player is a dead ringer for my friend Dan Sweetman!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave James said...

Love the feel of these. Great sketches!

Love bluegrass music. I assume it was bluegrass.

31 July, 2006 19:05  
Blogger Robin Richesson said...

Some tunes were very bluegrass, others New Orleans R&B, some Elvis, very cool mix of stuff. . .I really enjoyed these guys!

31 July, 2006 19:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home